Registered user since Fri 9 May 2014
Name: Tony Hosking
Bio: I am a professor of computer science the Australian National University, contributing also as a researcher with Data61 (formerly NICTA). I previously spent 22 years on the faculty at Purdue University. I studied computer science at the University of Adelaide, the University of Waikato, and the University of Massachusetts at Ahmerst, receiving BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees, respectively. My research interests lie in the area of programming language implementation, and I work on problems arising in object persistence, object databases, distribution, memory management (garbage collection), managed language runtimes, language virtual machines, optimizing compilers, and architectural support for programming languages and applications.
I am a Life Member of the Association for Computing Machinery and a Member of the IEEE. I was named a Distinguished Scientist of the ACM in 2012.
Affiliation: Australian National University / Data61
Personal website: https://hosking.github.io
SPLASH 2017 Activities
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee for VMIL 2017
- SPLASH Steering Committee Chair in Steering Committee for SPLASH 2017
- Steering Committee Chair of SPLASH Steering Committee Meeting within the Organization-track in SPLASH 2017
- Steering Committee Chair of SPLASH Steering Committee Report within the Keynotes and Awards-track in SPLASH 2017
- Steering Committee Chair in Organizing Committee for SPLASH 2017
- Author of Panel - The future of language runtimes within the VMIL 2017-track in VMIL 2017
- Show activities from other conferences